Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Perspectives...

Yesterday morning I was walking across campus with 3 of my collegues (one of whom happens to be my husband but that is irrelevant for this story). We were heading to our office building after being dropped off at the bus stop.

It was a really foggy day - the kind of fog that you can actually feel in the air. It was so thick we couldn't see two car lenghts ahead of us. And the entire ground looked wet, although it hadn't rained in weeks.

One of the girls I was walking with, who comes from Newfoundland, said it felt like a typical Newfoundland morning. Darren commented that it reminded him of September in southern BC. I likened the weather to standing near Niagara Falls on a really misty day.

We were all right.

Then and there was created the Doha version of the story about the blind men and the elephant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. I love the blind men and the elephant story.