Saturday, February 26, 2011

Already

For the first time in 4 months, the ACs have switched at the Conley residence. Long pants haven't been seen a few days now - outside of work (Darren has to adhere to the dress code). Trips to the park are being reserved for 4:00 when there is sufficient shade. Looks like winter is on its way out.

It's hard to remember in the midst of the glorious 22-degree weather just how hot it gets here. I mentioned to my students that I thought it was starting to warm up and they said I should be happy. When I questioned that response they said, "Canadians like hot weather." At least now I know that stereotypes are alive and well in my classroom.

While it may be true that many Canadians like hot weather, I'm not one of them. And while it may also be true that this is just a short heat wave (a kind of Qatari Chinook?), I am reminded that whether next week or next month, my favourite time of year will indeed come to an end and I will once again contain myself to the indoors, out of the sun's reach.

I miss you, winter, already.


No comments: