I am a Canadian citizen. However, having moved indefinitely from my country, I am no longer a Canadian resident. So I do not receive any of the taxpayers' benefits (understandable since I don't pay taxes), I cannot vote in governement elections...that kind of stuff.But that doesn't mean I am not interested in what goes on there. And right now is a good time to be interested in what's going on, at least politically.
I have to admit that I was pretty in the dark about the political events of the past couple of days (weeks? see, I'm not even sure when this all started). I understood the basic idea - the last elections' losers wanted to oust the current government with a non-confidence vote mere weeks after an election and instead of sending Canadians to the polls again, they were just going to take over.
This morning, thanks to a link to a CBC story I found at this post from 3rd floor balcony, I now have a better idea of what's going on. It's funny that it took an article aimed at a non-Canadian (more specifically, American) audience to help me understand my own country's situation. But I plead ignorance due to the fact that we can't get CBC Newsworld in Qatar.
Anyway, check out the story if, like me, you're a little foggy on what's been going on in my homeland. Especially if you're American. Or a non-resident. I'll even repeat the link for you here.


No comments:
Post a Comment