Readers of Darren's blog may recognize this picture as the view from our bedroom window back in August:

Well, the buldozers and jackhammers involved in the demolition of the previous buildings gave way to the rebar delivery trucks and cement pourers of the consturction phase. Slowly our view of the Aspire tower disappeared as floors were added to the apartment buildings across the street.
When we look out our bedroom window now, this is what we see:

This is the case on two other sides of our building as well. I wonder if we'll even recognize the neighbourhood when we return in late August from our 6-week vacation.
This neighbourhood progress reminds me of how very little in life is static. It's natural; societies, organizations, and individuals are meant to develop. I'd say my personal development these past ten months has rivaled that of the neighbourhood, and that is good. There's nothing like a formidable life change to promote the challenging of one's assumptions and worldviews.
While I hope the construction in our neighbourhood comes to a stop relatively soon, I hope I never become content to stop developing.


No comments:
Post a Comment