I think I've blogged before about how I enjoy it when my cupboards are getting slightly void. I know it sounds strange, but as much as I get excited about food preparation right after finishing a grocery shopping trip, I think I might get just as excited when another trip to No Frills is in order.There are a number of reasons for this (or at least theories as to why I think this might be):
- I am a terrible artist. I can't paint, draw, sculpt...visual arts and I simply do not get along. Or maybe I should say, the world prefers it if the visual arts and I stay away from each other. However, I am a creative person. In fact, I am an inventor (or an aspiring one). You see, I love inventing songs to help me remember things, I enjoy inventing fun new activities to help someone learn or practice something, and I get much pleasure out of inventing new foods. Ok, they're not really new foods, but new variations on foods. I think that's why soup is my absolute favourite thing to make - it's all about mixing stuff together and playing with the proportions until you come up with something that tastes good.
- I hate making decisions. I am one of the worst decision makers that I know. I think there are a number of factors that come into play here: I want to make everyone happy, I don't want to be associated with failure, I can see the benefits in most options and I hate to miss out on anything. When there is less food to choose from, there are less options that answer the question, "What should I have for dinner?" That helps me greatly.
- I am a poor judge of distance. What I mean is that my sense of distance changes according to my state of motivation. There are times when I'll suffer with light shining in my eyes because the light switch is just too far away. Or I'll curl up in a little ball because the blanket is on the other side of the room. Or I'll "hold it" because going to the washroom would mean walking across the entire apartment. In terms of food, the grocery store that on a nice, sunny day is only a 5-minute walk from my apartment suddenly moves to another city when I'd rather stay indoors. That's simply too far.
Oh yeah, once I start getting paychecks again, I have a sneaky suspicion that Food Basics will return to its rightful location.


1 comment:
You have food obsesssions.
Post a Comment