About a month ago I decided that this spring I would go rollerblading by the canal (about 5 minutes from my house by car) each day- in which the temperature was 10 degrees or higher
- which was not raining (or threatening rain).
- in which the temperature was 10 degrees or higher
- which was not raining (or threatening rain) and
- which comes after March 27, 2006.
I have a feeling that date would have kept being pushed forward until the part of the year that is too hot for rollerblading and I'd be forced to make up a new goal. Fortunately my landlords were showing my apartment to potential tenants today between 5 and 6 so I had all the motivation I needed to get out of the house.
Once I got to the recreational path, I learned that 10 degrees isn't as hot as one might think. I'm not complaining about the weather, don't get me wrong, but I was sure glad that I still have my winter layers in my back seat because I soon realized that I hadn't really dressed appropriately. Besides the 3 sweaters I was wearing, I also needed a toque and gloves, which aren't so easy to wear with wrist guards. Good thing my arms are so small!
I must say that it was nice to get out and be active for a change. I couldn't go very far, and I'll probably feel it in those muscles reserved only for rollerblading, but it was great! I came home will all kinds of motivation which lasted until I turned on the computer. I guess the next decision I make should be to related to avoiding things I know will make me sedentary, lazy, tired, and mind-numbed.
Stupid zuma!


2 comments:
Yo, whenever you're around and want to go roller blading, let me know, I'd love to join you. I was thinking about starting that up this year as well. You know...the whole exercise thing...I hear it's good for you...lol.
That's awesome you got to go roller blading. Did you go with Darren or by yourself? 10 degrees is not cold, it's beautiful!
Post a Comment