Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Not a good time to be sick

I came home from work early today because I wasn't feeling good. On Sunday afternoon when I started losing my voice Chrissy attributed it to all the "Awww...that's beautiful!" I was saying at the shower (pictures pending). However, that raspy voice turned into a feel-aweful-kind-of-cold.

I don't really mind being sick. In fact, this would be a great semester to have gotten a cold or two because my benefits have just kicked in and I do have sick days now.

But it's a terrible time to get sick because this is the final week of classes for the semseter. Before the promotions meetings (sometimes called pass/fail meetings where we discuss which of our students move on to the next level and which do not) on Friday at noon, I have to have calculated final grades for each of my students, including tallying the final exams which are also happening this week.

Besides that, I'm moving on Monday. Consequently, this apartment has to be packed up before that. I think I was in denial about how much work that really is. Thankfully we don't have to move Darren's stuff for another 2 weeks.

And thirdly, Darren and I are going to Forest on Sunday to my parents' church because they're having a small luncheon in our honour. It's a nice gesture, but a long way to go on such a busy weekend.

And of course there's the ongoing wedding stuff, like the final meeting with our caterer tonight which I sent Darren to alone (sorry, baby!) and "Operation Get-rid-of-the-remaining-evidence-of-last-summer's-
sunburn-that-changed-my-life."

I'm done complaining, now. Actually, this is more of a personal to-do list than a complaint session (at least in my mind.) And I'm not really worried about anything; it'll all get done...but at a slower pace now that I have to take frequent 20 second coughing breaks.

Just to prove that I'm not in a completely negative state of mind, here are a couple good things about today:

One good thing: my landlord rescheduled the appointments he had set up for potential renters to view my apartment. I don't think a half-dazed girl in the bedroom would have helped sell this place.

Another: I took apart the gorgeous floral arrangement that Jacquie made for my shower today because I don't have a good place to display such a large work of art. But now I have beautiful flowers all over my apartment, which makes me so happy. My favourite is the pitcher of small lily-like flowers (astramaris?) by my phone. (But I also love the mum-related boquet on the toilet.) Wanna see?





Oh, and the ring fits. Now we wait to find out what happens in the summer.

No comments: