Last week Darren and I decided that we should own a frisbee. So we headed to the mall to run a few errands, the most important of which was buying a frisbee.I told him to park at the back of the mall because that's where the Dollar store is, to which Darren replied quite forcefully, "We can't buy a dollar store frisbee!" I still don't think there's that much difference between a cheap and an expensive plastic flying disc, but I assumed the role of unknowledgeable one and agreed to look at Sport Check. We were pleased to find a single frisbee, discounted for the end of the season.
I don't know if I had ever thrown a frisbee before last week. It's not that I was afraid or uninterested, but I simply have never had the chance. So when Darren and I immediately took our newly-purchased frisbee to the park behind our apartment to throw it around for a bit and I discovered that I didn't suck at it, I was pleasantly surprised and rightfully proud of myself. After a good half hour of throwing and chasing (I don't suck, but I'm not amazing either) we decided to call it quits for the afternoon.
Like most purchases, this one gives great moments of enjoyment, but they are infrequent. The frisbee has been sitting in our trunk from that afternoon on. To be fair, we did do some frisbee throwing at the Conley family picnic yesterday, but not OUR frisbee. It seemed redundant to go get ours when there were 3 perfectly good frisbees at hand.
Of these 3 frisbees, only one was of similar quality to ours. The other 2 may have cost more than $1, but not necessarily. Anyway, it interested me to discover that the preferred plastic disc was the orange, lighter, cheaper one.


1 comment:
No no no...the orange lighter one sucked!! It was all about the black heavier one! The weight balanced it in the air!! The black one, THE BLACK ONE!!! =)
Post a Comment