Happy Thanksgiving!There are few things in life better than a long weekend, especially one that involves lovely visits and lots of laughs.
We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Friday was dedicated to Leona, since it was her graduation and all. Then Saturday we celebrated Thanksgiving with a delicious mom-cooked turkey dinner. Our cousins joined us for the afternoon/evening and it was so nice to spend some time with them. Jen and Pauline are fabulous girls separately, but together they're absolutely hilarious! I think they could hire themselves out as entertainers at parties; just by having them on the guest list, your other guests are sure to enjoy themselves.
Sunday morning we left my parents' house early-ish and made it to Church on the Rock on time (the first time in our life together!) It was nice to see some friends there - friends we don't have time to really visit now. This was followed by Thanksgiving dinner at Swiss Chalet with Darren's immediate family. The extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmas) will get together today but we ducked out of that one, needing an entire day at home to make strides on the necessary tasks of the week. On the way home from our visit, we stopped by Grandma M's place to finally get the rest of my stuff out of storage in her basement, a week before she moves to a retirement home. By the time we made 3 trips up the 4 flights of stairs, we were quite pooped but Darren managed to read an article and I was able to format a few handouts for his presentation.
I think part of why this weekend was so good was that it contained a great balance of productivity and relaxation. In Forest, whenever he had a spare moment, Darren snuck away to the upstairs computer and worked on his research (productivity) and then when company came, we visited, played games and generally enjoyed ourself (relaxation). My theory holds!
I guess that means that I'm going to have to do some cleaning at home today, or some research for a project I have to do for the culture class I'm taking. Or maybe I can count updating my blog as productivity?!? Perhaps I should begin by making some breakfast. Every little bit counts!


3 comments:
So glad you had a great visit and a chance to get caught up on stuff. We have lots of left over turkey if you are interested and I promise I will get you your "tupperware" container back from the muffins and Brad is not keeping Battlestar Galactica although he would like to, he will get it back to Darren I promise. ;-)
You finally updated your blog! :O
I guess we'll just have to have another get together in order to take care of all this stuff swapping. (BTW, we still have your Indiana Jones set.)
Post a Comment