As Chrissy suggested in her comment on my previous post, I was going to write about my Hallowe'en costume woes. But then I thought "Hey, didn't I do that last year?"Yesterday I wrote her a desperate email begging for costume idas. Since she works at a party store, I figure she's my best bet for such information. Try as she may, I was unsatisfied with her suggestions, although I toyed with the idea of dressing as an ESL teacher. (You're very funny, Chrissy!)
Last night I spent a good chunk of time browsing this website and found a solution to my costume dilemma. I was quite impressed with the ideas therein. There were lots of great ideas for homemade costumes and also lots of lame pun-based costumes like a babysitter in which one ties a doll to his/her rear end. LAME!!
Eventually I decided on a costume that meets my criteria:
- It's cute and/or fun.
- It's easy to make/put together.
- All the components are easy to get.
- It's at least semi-comfortable.
All I have to say is that Darren's lucky. If we had had big boxes laying around I would have forced him to dress up with me as a pair of dice. Or maybe a magnet, and I'd wrap myself in tin foil. But this way his entire costume consists of a birthday hat and noisemaker (besides a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.) That should appease his "I don't like dressing up and especially not in constrictive getups" side.
I've never been this ready costume-wise for the work Hallowe'en party before. I guess it pays to plan a little ahead. This way I can look forward to Friday rather than dread the stress-filled moments before the party as I run around the apartment searching for anything that resembles anything but me!



6 comments:
You make the prettiest present I've ever seen and I know Darren will have fun unwrapping you after the party!!!
When I first read that comment my jaw dropped because I thought it had been left by Chrissy. I feel much better knowing it's you, Michelle. And you're probably right. :)
Hahahahah that's too funny!
Do you honestly think I would write something like that? Come on now.
I love it, it's a cute costume! Have fun at your party.
I stumbled upon you, and thought I might give you a head start for next year. Easiest costume ever, and always good for a laugh. Make yourself a dress of tinfoil and saran wrap. Put a Tupperware bowl on your head and go as “leftovers”
Just a thought: )
Lauren
Update your blogg woman!
Post a Comment