Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween Update

So only 2 people at the entire party correctly guessed what I was dressed as although my students had multiple thoughts. I got everything from a baby to a pregnant lady to blank stares and shrugs. I thought Darren's costume would give it away, but it didn't. I'm going to write this off not as an experiment gone wrong, but as an example of cultural misunderstanding. :)

Oh, and next time I'll have to either use a box, paper with balloons or the words "Happy birthday" on it, a store-bought bow for my head or put a large To:/From: tag on.
Sigh...live and learn.


By the way, Darren's hat says HAPPY BIRTHDAY on it and his badge says #1 Birthday Boy. And yes, that is his birthday suit. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Birthday suit hahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
sooooo funny. You guys look great and I can't believe more people didn't get who/what you were.

Me said...

Birthday suit...that's so my brother.

I had another friend go to a party with a knife through a cereal box. Yes, he was a cereal killer.

julielewisandthenews said...

I did the box thing one year and it was awfully hard to move around... but on the positive side everybody knew what I was :)

I agree with Michelle. I'm surprised people didn't get what you were!!