I love my birthday! I don't mind getting old (any more - once I came to terms with 25, it's been much easier!!) and I love having a day when everything really is about me. There are few days in a year when one can expect others to do the things they usually do - like the dishes, for example. Oh, and there's the special outings associated with birthdays, too.This year I particularly enjoyed my birthday. Somehow I was able to work on Monday and Tuesday but still feel like they were both vacation days for me. My husband, determined to make sure that it was a fabulous day, succeeded brilliantly. I'm really a blessed one!
Having spent the weekend relaxing, celebrating and doing a little work, I feel rested enough to deal with the end of term madness that is just around the corner. There are exams to be created, given and then marked. There are final projects to be collected and evaluated. There are meetings to attend and lessons that still need to be planned. There's even a summative reflective essay that I need to write ('cause I'm taking a few courses on the side, too!) But I feel like I have the energy and motivation to tackle them - if I can stop writing on this crazy blog, that is!
Sidenote: (I'm doing this a lot lately, eh?)
I used to believe that 24 was the perfect age. That was until I turned 27 and celebrated my champagne birthday, and then I had to adjust the "perfect age" by 3. But I must say, so far I love being 28!


1 comment:
You were the focus!!!
See you Saturday.
Post a Comment