Well, it's now Wednesday evening, there is only a day and a half left until the work Hallowe'en party and I still don't have a good costume. That's not entirely true - I do have a good costume (the angel pictured here) but I wore it last year. It's important to change it up!I wouldn't worry so much about this, but I teach international students. Very few of them have celebrations in their cultures in which adults are encouraged to dress up in ridiculous outfits. It's a fabulous cultural experience for them and by getting into the spirit myself, it helps them feel at ease and excited about the whole idea.
I blame the fact that this is such a hard decision for me on two factors:
1. I am a terribly indecisive and picky person. That's always a bad combination.
2. I was never permitted to celebrate Hallowe'en as a child. More accurately, my family decided to boycott Hallowe'en when I was about 7 years old. I do have far-away, suppressed memories of trick or treating as a clown.
Despite these disadvantages, I still need a costume...and fast!
Post-Halloween Update
Here's what I ended up wearing. I had to explain the costume over and over again. I guess the Utility Meter Reader Uniform is not standard internationally. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment