It’s Thanksgiving so I thought: what better time to think about all my blessings? Here’s the beginning of the list of things I’m thankful for. I’m thankful for life and the end of each day, basement apartments and neighbours who fight, opportunities to serve and people to assist, fabulous jobs and weekends, long-distance family and birthday gatherings, roller blades and paths along the canal, internet phone service and coffee dates, homemade soup and doggie bags, music and CS Lewis, blogs and search engines, good matresses and pull-out sofas, multiple children in a small space and public school teachers, digital cameras and creative friends, hydro meters and international students, ...
By the way, despite what you may think, I really am thankful for all those things. Some may seem harsh, but try for a moment to think as I do and it will make much more sense! (For example, having family far away means that I appreciate the time we spend together.)
You have to keep in mind that I *am* the queen of backwards complements!


1 comment:
Thanks for sharing.. and thanks for being a part of our Thanksgiving weekend. We enjoyed having you and Darren here with us. I love you very much and enjoy what I've read soooo far. God bless you.. Mom
Post a Comment