Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Not yet...

Why is it that anything can be put off until later? I used to think that I was one of the few people who didn't struggle with procrastination. When I think back on the high school days I don't remember leaving things until the last minute. Even in Bible College and University it seems that this wasn't as big a problem as it is now. Or it could be that I've blocked the panic-stricken, sleep-forbidden evenings out of my memory.

Either way, I've gotten much worse in my old age. While I doubt that I can claim any type of victory in a procrastination competition, I do think I'd be a finalist.

It's funny how I like to torture myself. I know that I won't have real mental rest until I have completed that which needs to get done, but somehow the lack of desire to do it seems to win every time. It all boils down to an inability to get started. I'm so glad I have this blog to be a productive tool in my grand procrastination scheme. I can always say, "well, at least I was doing something useful with my time."

I think I need help.

1 comment:

julielewisandthenews said...

Hi Larissa,
I love reading your blog! And I can def'ly relate to this procrastination piece! Here I am, I just sat down to do some more research for a paper and instead I find myself reading up on promise rings and behaviour modification LOL...
But seriously, I did want to say hello - wondered if we could chat sometime, reminisce about our childhoods... whatever... AND I also wanted to know if I could post a link to your blog on mine - would that be ok?
talk to ya soon!