Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Skunk story, anyone?

As you can see, I've updated my links. Darren has a new blog in which he tells stories about run-ins with large rodents and, well, that's about it...so far. But I'm warning you: it gets a lot of Movie Blog traffic so if you want to post a comment, you'd better hurry! Oh, the life of stardom is starting already! ;) Just kidding, baby!

Actually, all this blogging and blog browsing has made me realize that this has become an industry in its own right. It seems like everyone and his dog has a blog these days. It makes me wonder who is reading these things!

Before it became as easy as clicking a few buttons to get your thoughts on the web, people used the Internet for research purposes. Now it's just as common to add information to the Internet as it is to take from it. Even my mother, who was a relative late comer to cyberspace, has created a blog or two. Again I ask you: who is reading all these posts? There are a couple of blogs that I read on a regular basis but they are of people that I know and care about. And I can understand searching for a stranger's blog that addresses something I'm interested in, but that would be an information-based blog, not a personal one.

Don't get me wrong; I think it's fabulous that people are communicating their thoughts but do the masses need to read about it? Do the masses want to read about it? I can't imagine anyone reading what I write. Are you out there? Who are you? And do you have a skunk story?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woof woof! Bow wow, skunk, ruff ruff, skunk, woof!

Anonymous said...

I only have the story that DARREN is sharing with the world!!.. but it's a good one! Go DARREN!!

Love ya,
Grannie