Thursday, October 13, 2005

Finally fall

October 2004 There's no longer any doubt; it's officially fall. Once the cold weather sets in, there's no stopping all the brown and orange clothing from coming out. It's time to put away the sandals once and for all and take out the boots and socks, whether or not we like it.

Despite the lower temperatures and increased precipitation, I do love fall. I love the colours (who has anything bad to say about orange, red, yellow, green and brown all mixed together?), I love the smells (ahhh...the rotting leaves) and I love the freshness (the only time of year when we get excited to see our breath!). But that's it. As far as I'm concerned, fall weather can go. It almost pains me to be constantly covering my feet now that they are used to the freedom of flip flops. Idealy I would love to live in a climate where I could always be wearing sandals and skirts.

While I generally believe that the entire population thinks the way I do, I realize that there are people who also love fall for the weather. My grandma, for example, endures the summer by reminding herself that fall is on its way. And you can see the drops of relief falling off anyone with
hyperhidrosis when the cool weather shows up.

Fall Backs

Quite possibly the worst part of fall is the fall back. (hence the picture - "fall backs". oh, the cheese!) As if we don't have enough trouble getting up before the sun in September and October, the end of the month comes and we have to intentionally change the time to make it even darker! I feel the labour pains of another post wanting to be born.

But overall, autumn is wonderfall. The excitement of back to school, being able to start the year over (even if you've been working through the summer) and my personal favourite, being able to hide clearly unshaven legs...even if it means that winter is around the corner.

No comments: