Sunday, September 14, 2008

First anniversary

Today is our one month anniversary in Qatar. We arrived at the Doha airport August 13, just before midnight. Besides the 2 1/2 hours we spent in the London Heathrow airport, we actually spent the entire day of August 13 in the air. So, Darren is more accurate when he says this is the one-month anniversary of the day that we lost.

I'm not sure whether it feels like we've been here a month or not. I guess it does. As I've mentioned before, we're feeling comfortable in our new surroundings, our apartment feels as much "ours" as any of our past apartments have, and we're even getting accustomed to doing business (such as banking, shopping, etc.) at night.

Hopefully by our second messiversary here, we'll both be residents of Qatar, have phone and Internet service in our home, and have more than 12 expressions in our collective Arabic vocabulary! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You also called your mama on your messiversary.....and it was that day that I found out that I broke my left arm's radial head.

So it is a day worth noting.

love you, great to hear your voice!