It seems it's my lot in life to be surrounded by people whose internal clocks don't jibe with mine. It's my curse. And it's very annoying.There is historical evidence to prove this. In my teenaged years, I would get a spurt of energy when it was time to go to bed. I'd always want to talk to Alicia, but she'd be falling asleep and impatient with me.
With the exception of Ashley (whose sleep schedule would have matched mine exactly if I didn't have to get up so stinkin' early for work every day), I can't think of a single roommate that would naturally find themselves sleepy and awake at the same times as me...consistently.
Now I have the same problem with Darren. However, it's worse because not only does he get tired at different times than I do, but he's also a morning person. These people are so rare that I was beginning to think it was all a myth, but now I know: they really do exist.
Darren couldn't sleep past 8 am even if he tried and he feels the need to start his day once he's awake. He thinks it's strange that I can lay in bed, falling in and out of sleep until late morning, but there is very little I'd rather do on a Saturday morning! (Or any morning, for that matter!)
Perhaps I'm a little too sensitive to sleep issues. I say this because I always get emotional whenever I'm the last one awake. I hate it when people "fall asleep on me," albeit unintentionally. But at the same time, I hate falling asleep when there's stuff going on because I don't want to miss out on anything. Yup, screwed up...that's me.
I wonder if it's possible to awaken the morning person in you or (preferably) shift one's internal clock a couple of hours later...say, to Alberta time!? Hmmm...


1 comment:
You might have to have separate bedrooms, especially to avoid alarm clock issues.
Post a Comment