Grrrrrr....That growl is going out to Christy Conley for having a Sudoku puzzle book on her coffee table.
Friday night Darren and I hung out with Chris & Christy. We had dinner, watched a movie and I was introduced to my newest nemesis: Sudoku. To be fair, it was Darren who picked up the book and began figuring out a puzzle, and no one forced me to give him a hand, but now I've got a new addiction to overcome. I can see how this has become such a fad.
Instead of walking away from temptation, I searched for and found some puzzles online. So I've been working away at filling rows and columns with numbers from 1 to 9. I'm sure I could find one with a nicer interface, but I'm afraid to go looking. I do have stuff that has to get done....
I can solve a medium puzzle in just over 20 minutes, and that's just about the same time it takes me to quit a Hard one. I thought that was pretty good until I discovered that the average time it takes to solve a medium puzzle is 11 minutes. Oh well. I'm just a beginner.
Just like I did with Bookworm, I can justify this by saying that at least I'm exercising my mind. But I'm also giving myself an excellent opportunity to practice the art of un- frustrating oneself when I try the hard ones. I guess it'll help me deal with intense emotions if nothing else.
And yes, I did vote.


1 comment:
I think you're beginning to succomb to video game addictions. There is help available. LOL.
Post a Comment