I learned how to make frosted corn flakes today.We spent the last 2 days in listening class watching a program that explained how items are made and it caused me to realize how little I actually consider the steps and processes that go into the stuff I use on a daily basis. I've never been one for taking things apart to see the mechanics inside or for trying to understand the inner workings of...well... anything. I did pass grade 12 physics, but it's only because I'm an excellent regurgitator of information.
Incidentally, I am now also the proud owner of the knowledge of how to build a kayak, but that's a story for another day!
Back to Frosted Flakes: I don't know how I thought this cereal was made, but it's rather quite simple. Kernels of corn are taken, mushed up a bit, and rolled. Each kernel, now flattened, is baked until it becomes a flake. Then the sugar solution and vitamins are sprayed on and taa-daa! Frosted Flakes!
It reminded me of the Rice Krispies commercial a few years ago in which a man was interviewing people asking them if they realized that the cereal was made from rice. The question at the end was "What did you think it was made from?"
I knew Frosted Flakes were made from corn but I always figured it was a corn-something hybrid. It's a good thing we have the Discovery Channel!!
Incidentally (again), when I told Darren about my new knowledge, he just happened to be glancing at his box of Frosted Flakes. And you thought sugar cereal was only for kids. (I wish you were right!!)


1 comment:
You are so creative; you come up with the most interesting blog topics.
Post a Comment