Vellum, what a funny word, but I know what it is...now.I'm getting married in less than 3 months. Darren and I have slowly been getting things arranged. We've got a hall, church, attire, limo...but no guests. That is, we haven't invited anyone yet. So my task over the spring break, which incidently is next week, is to make invitations.
To that end, my friend Chrissy and I got together on Monday afternoon with an agenda: figure out what to do and how to do it, in terms of getting invitaitons put together.
There are so many possibilities when it comes to making invitations. That's bad for a terrible decision-maker like me. Darren's only input was, "Make it look like our reception: elegant and simple." (gee, thanks. As if I would 'ok' something gaudy or busy?)
So we went to a fabulous little store that sells custom rubber stamps and card-making supplies. The couple who runs it was so helpful and patient with me, a novice. I learned how to weave a ribbon so as to avoid tying a bow, how to invisibly adhere transluscent materials and what vellum is. I now feel prepared to get right at it...next week.
Thanks Chrissy, and thanks Duffy's.


2 comments:
yay for Vellum!!! I'm glad you are stoked about this. It's great to hear the excitement in your words as you talk about this. Yay Larissa!!
:-)
Aww you called me your friend. We've grown so much :P
Post a Comment