I feel a little like Lorelai Gilmore last season. Do you remember when she and snow were on the outs? The episode starts with her so excited about the first snow, a day she looks forward to every year. She is anoyingly giddy about this white stuff but after it causes damage to her business and vehicle, she changes her tune. But Luke builds her an ice rink to help her and snow make up.Well, a similar thing happened to me this weekend. As I've alluded to in a previous rant, fall and I have not been the best of friends lately. The problem is what fall represents: looming winter. It brings me one step closer to the days of bundling up and walking around with cold, wet feet because I leave for work before my landlord gets around to cleaning the step. Days when I enter my workplace and leave my workplace without ever having seen the sun (there are very, very few windows at the College). Days in which the only reasonable thing to do is stay home and make a big pot of homemade soup, but obligation requires us to drive the 30 km to work at 40 km/hr. It makes me shiver just to think about it.
But good ol' Chuck came to my rescue! He took some incredible pictures of Darren and I hiking somewhere (Webster's Falls? Someone's Peak?) in Hamilton Sunday afternoon that have renewed my love for this season. He reminded me that I can enjoy fall for fall and deal with winter when it arrives. - This is my ice rink. -


1 comment:
Yes, one day at a time... is all any of us has. Live life to the fullest, chapter each moment, for none of us have tomorrow, be it fall or winter!
Something I learned last night....
the past is like a cancelled cheque
the future is like a promisory note
the present is like cold hard cash!
Spend it wisely!
May the leaves fall where they may... and the flakes where they may go! Be grateful for the moment to capture their beauty and whatever each season holds!
Post a Comment