I always thought I had good rhythm - or at least decent rhythm. After all, the director of the little band I was in at Briercrest let me fool around in the percussion section for a few weeks until I decided that I was better suited for the wind section. However, I've begun to think I might be rhymically challenged lately. 2 main events have created this self doubt.First, the last time I was at Chuck's place, we were playing his karaoke video game. It's like a karaoke machine but the game somehow analyzes your voice and scores you according to your pitch and I'm not sure what else. It also has a sample for the newest Dance Dance Revolution game. In
Second, Julie Lewis introduced us to the Singing Horses. They are hilarious and so much fun to listen to...when Darren "tells" each of the horses when to begin. However, when I tried, I couldn't seem to get them started on the same beat. Do me a favor - try it out yourself. If you have similar timing issues, please let me know.
I'm going to claim that the problem is not with my inner metronome but rather my mind-hand coordination. I can hear that the horses are singing out of synch, but I can't seem to click at the right time to fix the problem. Yeah, that's it - it's a clicking problem. So maybe I'll be a rhythm critic, not a rhymician. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment