It is a well known fact among regular readers of on my way that I love my apartment. One thing I don't love, however, is the water. I don't know if the problem lies in the pipes or if it's the water purification process, but what comes out of my taps is disgusting. It's definitely not fit to be drunk by any living creature. (Hey, come to think of it - I've been feeding it to my plants. I wonder if that's why they're dying!?!)To avoid certain death by water toxin ingestion, I have been importing water from Hamilton for about 9 months. I know how ironic that sounds...I am bringing water from the polluted steel city to the beautiful nature-filled Niagara Region, but believe it or not, Hamilton water is delicious! It tastes like...um...wet nothing - just as water should!
Since the beginning of March, every trip to Hamilton has involved bringing empty water bottles and coming home with full ones. A really good trip would see me home with the filtered water from Darren's parents' house. I learned to be good at rationing and calculating the number of bottles that needed to be filled in any given week. I only ran out a couple of times and had to purchase water at the grocery store.
Another well known fact among regular readers of on my way is that my birthday is coming up. Well, for my birthday, Darren took care of my water problem. The Culligan man came yesterday and delivered a cooler, 2 big jugs of water, and told me to just call when I needed more and it would be delivered to my door. Water at my beckoned call!Now I understand what Alicia was so upset about when she reamed Darren out on the phone early last week. Her attempt to get birthday gift ideas from him ended with her being upset that he had found the perfect gift, one she claims she should have been able to figure out! (I wish you all knew Alicia!)
Yes, it really is the perfect gift and now I can retire my well-traveled 4L water jugs and hopefully make a single trip into my apartment when I return from a visit to the Steel City.
Here's to hoping I won't become a water snob!


4 comments:
I am glad you love it, even if it didn't come from me.
You will totally be a water snob!
And, quite frankly you should be, Hamilton water only tastes good b/c they have to cover up all of the horible things that are in the steel produced water.
Ha! I'm calling you Water Snob from now on lol
No water snob here. Darren is so sweet. You are a lucky girl Larissa for having both Darren and the Culligan man!!! :-)
YEAH for DARREN!!!
Now make sure you drink your 8 glasses a day!!
Post a Comment