Thursday, July 13, 2006

A job well done

"You never really know how filthy your bathroom is until you've cleaned it." Chinese proverb :)

There are few things in life that make me as happy as a freshly cleaned bathroom. And there are few better reasons to clean a bathroom than that company is coming.

It seems that Darren and I are content to abide in an apartment with a "well-lived-in" feel until someone comes to visit. Perhaps we need the additional motivation to sort that stack of papers we've been collecting on the coffee table and vaccuum that carpet whose colour really hides the dirt well. So thank-you to Chris and Christy, Chris and Kari, and now Ashley who have provided this much-needed incentive for us.

As you probably can guess, my task this morning was to clean the bathroom. I have mixed feelings toward this job. I enjoy the fact that it's quick and you can see the results of your effort. I also love the outcome! But I absolutely despise hair, which puts a damper on things.

I don't hate all hair - that which is attached to the body it's alright - but on the floor, counter, pillow...anywhere... it grosses me right out! I'm a little less disturbed when it's my own hair, but I still don't like it. So I always tackle the bathroom cleaning task with trepidation.

I am pleased to say that I have successfully rid our loo of all renegade hair and it currently is fit for anyone's use. Welcome, Ashley. We're ready for you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey you have to get your slacker husband to clean it!!! And everything else in the house lol...
Just kidding darren :)

Me said...

So when I visited I wasn't incentive to clean? It's cause I'm such close family with you guys you feel you don't have to...right...right? Hello??

Larissa said...

I don't associate your visit with the stressful pre-visit clean-up. The apartment must have been presentable. Be happy...no negative association!

Me said...

lol awesome. Presenting Lorraine: now without negative association! I want to visit again btw...be careful, I know where you live!!