Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Room with a view

I can't stop looking out my window; it's absolutely breathtaking! Darren and I live on the 4th floor of an apartment building and our windows/balcony overlook a field lined with trees and a small creek.

We've had some interesting winter weather the past few days with snow, ice pellets, and some warmer weather followed by colder weather and the result has been something beautiful. The trees are covered with icicles and the ground is covered with snow. And today the sun came out, making everything sparkle.

I ventured out onto the balcony this afternoon to take some pictures, in an attempt to preserve the beauty and share it with you. Unfortunately the photos don't do the view justice, but I'll share them with you nonetheless.






Every time I look out my window I feel very special. I like to believe that God made this beautiful icy wonderland just for me, since I have very little else to do at home sick all day and all night.

And it seems like there's no end in my immediate sight - my boss called and begged me not to bring this bug into the office. So I guess I have a few more days to enjoy the gorgeous scenery.

No comments: