Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Will it ever end?

Well, surprise, surprise. Looks like I'm a freak of nature. Or at least that's how I feel.

I had a good weekend. I was out and about. I felt 85% of my normal self. Besides being unable to stand through the worship sequence at church Sunday morning, I lived life in a typical way for me.

But this morning I was feeling somewhat under the weather again. I decided to go to school, though for my one-hour staff meeting and one-hour class. Darren's advice was, "Sit down while you're teaching." That was my plan.

But I didn't make it to either of those appointments. Before going to the office I had to purchase a parking permit for the semester. (Since I've been off for 2 weeks, I hadn't done that yet.) So I parked in the 15 min. visitor's parking area, walked to the Ancillary Office to pay the ridiculous fee to leave my car unattended on school property, and immediately sat down. I felt weak and faint and warm - not good signs. I was promptly cared for - whisked away to the campus health centre by wheelchair, analyzed, deliberated over, and sent to the minor emergency walk-in clinic at a local hospital.

My ride and I spent the afternoon there, waiting to be seen and then waiting for the results of my urine and blood tests, which showed that I am not dehydrated, nor do I have worrisome levels of salt, potassium, etc. in my system. Basically I'm fine, but I can't stand for more than 6 minutes at a time or walk across the college on my own.

I am so frustrated. I really thought I was over this thing. And the worst part is that Darren had a day that rivaled mine for "crappiest day" and I don't have much sympathy (empathy? support? you know what I mean) in me tonight...just lots and lots of frustration. So I'm both healthy-sick and a lousy wife. Grrr!

2 comments:

Dan Cook said...

good gravy!

...praying for you

Crush's Chronicle said...

Wow you really got hit hard didn't you!! Praying that bug jumps out of you real quick. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Need Chicken soup??? Please take care and enjoy the time you have away from the rat race of the world. ;-)