Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Year of the virus...pt. 2

The sickness saga continues. This morning began with a long debate about whether or not I had the strength to do any of the following:
(a) drive myself to and from work in the winter storm,
(b) teach my one hour of class today, or
(c) not faint between the time I arrive at work and the time I come home. I finally decided that chances were slim that I could accomplish all 3 of those basic tasks given the way I felt at that moment, and as I started writing an email to my boss including a lesson for someone else to teach,
he called me to inform me that the power had gone out at the school and classes were canceled. That was the good news of the day.

Talking with my boss helped me realize that at this point it's probably not enough to rely on what the computer at telehealth thinks I have, so I decided to pay a visit to my doctor. Getting there is a story in itself, since Darren took the car to school today. I realized that I have few relationships that are at the calling-for-favours-such-as-driving-me-to-a-doctor's-appointment-level. I've got to work on that.

But I was disappointed to hear what the doctor had to say, once I made it there. Apparently I have gastro-somehting-itis, which is in fact a virus, and which she expects will take 2 weeks to get over. According to my doctor, 11% of the St. Catharines workforce is out sick. She said I'd probably need the rest of the week at home. I'm hoping to be back Wednesday, at least for the 3 hours that I actually teach.

So that's the latest. Hopefully I'll have more interesting things to write about soon.

5 comments:

Me said...

Oh no! Gastro-anything is never fun! I hope you feel better soon =( Also, did you know you now have a page rank of not 1, but 2?!? You're beating Darren's site!

Larissa said...

My browser says my page rank is 0. :( But I like what yours says better. I love beating Darren in anything!

Anonymous said...

That really sucks--I'm sorry to hear your sick. Anytime you need me to drive you to the doctor, I'd be glad to do so...of course, if you don't mind waiting a "little" while for me to get there. :) Miss you!

Crush's Chronicle said...

So sorry to here you have a case of GASTROENTERITIS which means you have an inflammation of your stomach and intestinal tract which is causing the "effects" you have been experiencing. This inflammation is present due to the virus you were in contact with. Oh and this is highly contagious so maybe warn Darren. Praying you feel better real soon sweetie. God bless.

hogwarts_girl said...

Aww I'm sorry you're sick. I hope you're feeling better soon.