The other day Darren said to me, "I'm really looking forward to our new adventure," referring of course to our upcoming move to the other side of the world. It was quickly followed by a realization: "Hey, this will be our first adventure together!"I thought about it for a moment and replied, "What about the living-out-of-a-single-room-because-the-landlord- flooded-our-apartment adventure? Or the MA adventure, followed directly by the other MA adventure? Or the anxiety adventure?"
I could have gone on...there's the passport fiasco at our wedding, the time vortex we encountered in Tennessee, the learning to drive standard episodes, the pre-engagement airplane freakout, the sunburn that changed my life, the birthday bamboo mixup...
I know what Darren was saying, and I too am excited about our first "real" adventure. But it seems to me that all of life is an adventure; some events are just a little more adventurous than others!


1 comment:
You are absolutely correct, Larissa.. Some adventures are just a little more adventureous.... After 30 years of marriage and 4 girls, two son-in-laws and 3 grandkids... (with more expected we hope), LIFE IS DEFINITELY AN ADVENTURE!!
Live it to the fullest and enjoy this new journey together. We will hold you in our hearts where the journey takes you.
Love you always... Mom
Post a Comment