Two weeks down and five to go!I just finished the second week of the course I'm teaching. The workload is quite heavy, but I'm really enjoying teaching it. I'm very impressed by the level of understanding of my students - both in terms of English language and linguistic knowledge. And they're such interesting people. I can't count the number of times I wished I were a part of their MA cohort, rather than my own!
Darren's 10-day vacation is winding down. Of course, we still have Canada Day (and the University-declared holiday on Monday), but he has started to think about lesson planning again. That is after spending the week running errands in preparation for the big move. And fixing the car...again.
In other news, we had a very relaxing time with our friends from small group at a rented cottage last weekend. It was so nice to have nothing to do but read Bill's book (I forgot mine at home) in the shade, or just sit on the dock with my feet dangling in the lake, chatting with friends.
Also, Darren finally put the finishing touches on his first t-shirt design. It's good to have a backup career in case the job at the U of C doesn't pan out. (stay tuned for more!)
What else? We found a really good home for our dehumidifier finally! Still trying to give away other stuff, though!
For now I'm looking at a long research weekend in which I will attempt to finish my major essay once and for all. Oh, and visit with some good friends, as well.


No comments:
Post a Comment