Friday, December 16, 2005

Anagrams, snowdays...basically just ramblings

Lyla forwarded me some anagrams last week and some of them are quite clever. I don't usually go along with email forwards or the like, but I'm a little tired now and as a result, think these are worth considering. It's either that or perhaps it simply demonstrates my tendency toward linguistic intelligence (as opposed to bodily-kinesthetic or interpersonal intelligences).

I'm doing a presentation on Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences -it's really quite interesting and has deep implications for education - tomorrow so that's what I've been researching all day. Let me clarify: if the weather doesn't get any worse and the school remains open tomorrow, I'm giving a presentation on Gardner's Theory.

You know, I would normally be overjoyed with the prospect of a snow day. I used to pray for them when I was a student (and God usually answered me positively!) but I don't want one tomorrow. If that happens, the exam schedule gets pushed back a day and we have our graduation meetings and ceremonies/parties on Thursaday, December 22. Of course, that's not the end of the world, but it sure would be nice to have a day off before traveling to my family's for Christmas. (sigh)

The good news is that colleges rarely close because they receive no funding for those days. And it's not like they have to consider the safety of students who take busses to work. Transportation is not the problem of a post-secondary institution.

Anyway, read these if you're interested.

DORMITORY:
When you rearrange the letters:
DIRTY ROOM

PRESBYTERIAN:
When you rearrange the letters:
BEST IN PRAYER

ASTRONOMER:
When you rearrange the letters:
MOON STARER

THE MORSE CODE:
When you rearrange the letters:
HERE COME DOTS

SLOT MACHINES:
When you rearrange the letters:
CASH LOST IN ME

ELECTION RESULTS:
When you rearrange the letters:
LIES - LET'S RECOUNT

SNOOZE ALARMS:
When you rearrange the letters:
ALAS! NO MORE Z 'S

ELEVEN PLUS TWO:
When you rearrange the letters:
TWELVE PLUS ONE

1 comment:

hogwarts_girl said...

Gardner's theory is amazing. If you need further research, I've got lots of info in my psyc texts.