Get this: *I* spent my morning troubleshooting problems with Blogger! Now, it's true that I am a computer scientist :) but that sounds impressive even for me!Actually, I really should qualify my first statement - I assisted my students in setting up and getting the bugs out of their final assignments, which just happen to be blogs. These blogs consist of a personal description, report on an interview, 2 journal postings and a creative entry.
Their questions (the ones I was so aptly troublshooting) were simple, relating to posting pictures, changing the font size of post titles, etc. - things definitely within my grasp. I was glad; it sucks for the teacher to appear incompetent too often.
If you want to check out the blogs, here's the "hub." But don't be critical. At this point I'm happy that they're posting. We'll work on the accuracy of the writing as the week . Here's the link.
The best part of this assignment is that for the first time in months we're all excited about writing. Even those who were nervous about using the technology last week are having fun with this. That's music to a writing teacher's ears!
Now if only we didn't have to write essays for the final exam....


No comments:
Post a Comment