Thursday, December 22, 2005

Free time...at last!

The semester is finally over and it's so weird! I guess this is what "boredom" feels like.

Last night Alaina and 3 of her friends crashed at my apartment. They went on a road trip to Dunnville (yes, I wrote that correctly) to get their hair cut and coloured. Then they came to my place to make supper and exchange their Christmas gifts. Then, after setting up their sleeping arrangements, they piled in the car (we like to call her Olivia) and headed to Niagara Falls to see the lights.

Once they were gone, I kind of looked around aimlessly for a few moments, wondering what I should do. Of course there are a million things I could have been doing, but they sure weren't coming to mind. It was just so strange.

I tried to go to bed but couldn't sleep so I got up and watched the second-to-last episode of Babylon 5 (the series which Darren and I finished tonight, incidentally - sigh of relief) and then tried to sleep again.

But the whole evening makes me realize this: it's so nice to be done, but I'm just not sure what to do with myself. I'm going to have to re-learn what one does when he/she has some unregimented time. It's a wonderful problem to have, if only temporarily.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I didn't say I *liked* it...but I guess it's true. I'm not a groupie or anything, though...just so we're clear on that!